Happy New Year!
We would like to wish you a happy new year!
As we begin 2018, many are setting goals for the upcoming year. These include goals for your personal life, family, career and business.
We’ve highlighted some guidelines for setting goals below, hope you find it useful!
1. SPECIFIC Your goals need to be specific, include as much detail as possible when setting your goals. Clearly define what it is that you’d like to achieve. For example, instead of saying you want to grow your business, rather specify how you want to grow your business (increase revenue by a certain percentage, increase number of employees, etc.)
2. MEASURABLE You need to be able to measure whether you’ve achieved your goal. The question to ask is “How will I know that I’ve succeeded?”
3. ATTAINABLE/ ACHIEVABLE Set goals that you can achieve. If your goal seems too big given a certain time frame, break it down into smaller parts so that it’s achievable.
4. RELEVANT Some questions to ask: - Is this the right time to pursue this goal? - Is this a worthwhile investment of my time, energy, etc? - Is this goal aligned with the other goals I am pursuing?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then it’s a worthwhile goal to pursue.
5. TIME You need to have a time attached to your goal, i.e. set a time by which the goal needs to be achieved.
Have a great day and all the best for 2018!