TIME MANAGEMENT for Entrepreneurs
The topics on our page are selected based on some of the challenges our clients experience. Hopefully this will help you too!
Your time is one of your most important and valuable assets as an entrepreneur. How you spend your time has a big part to play in the success of your business. This is particularly true if you do not have other staff assisting you. Allocating the right amount of time to the right tasks is crucial.
When was the last time you audited how you spend your time to ensure it is being used as efficiently as possible?
Here are some practical time management tips for entrepreneurs:
1. Plan your day. We would say take the first 15-30 minutes of every day to think through what you are going to be doing that day.
2. Schedule “thinking time”. This is time spent working on your business and not in your business. This can be anything from 10-25% of your day. This time often results in your business moving forward.
3. Schedule appointments with yourself to work on high priority items.
4. Plan for interruptions – not everything is going to be perfect, there will be interruptions. However, if you plan for it, it will not feel like a waste of time and your other priorities will still get done.
5. Schedule time for checking emails. There could be days where all you are doing is responding to emails because you check it every five minutes. Schedule time to do this, and then close your emails and focus on your operations.
6. Discipline – stick to your plan as far as possible. A plan is not effective if you don’t stick to it.